1 1/2 quarts uncooked (raw) peanuts
1/2 cup salt
2 1/2 quarts water
for Cajun Style: (add these)
1 (3 ounce) package dry crab boil (such as Zatarain’s Crab and Shrimp Boil)
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 cup red pepper flake
2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
1. Wash Peanuts until water runs clear.
2. Place peanuts in crock pot and let soak overnight.
3. Add salt / water; stir. (add Cajun Spices)
4. Cook, covered, on high until soft (took 24 hours for me).
5. Add additional water during cooking, if necessary, to keep peanuts covered.
These are pretty awesome. The only problem I had is waiting until they were done. The original directions didn’t tell me to soak overnight, and it said to cook for only 7 – 8 hours. After 12 hours they were still hard. Plus it took more seasoning to spice them up than what it said to use.
Everyone loved the boiled peanuts.